December has already been a super busy month even though barely only 1 week has passed since it began. All last week, Pops and I had fun events to attend every day. Sometimes I wonder how I even find time to fit in going to work! I usually have time at work to get a bit caught up, but even the office was quite busy last week. I’m not complaining mind you, I’m just leading up to the simple and tasty Meatless Monday recipe I’m about to share.
I love making this simple dish. There are only a few ingredients I consider staples (noodles or rice, veggies and Soyaki sauce) and the rest are simply what I have available at the time.
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 6-8 white mushrooms
- 10-12 asparagus cut into large pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 box Sophies Vegan shrimp (optional), thawed and chopped into large pieces
- 1 box West Soy Seitan (optional – also, could use extra firm pressed tofu) drained and cut into chunks
- 2 cups Trader Joe’s Southern Greens Blend
- 1 package (using both inside pouches) Organic Japanese Udon Noodles
- Soyaki to taste (approx 1/4 cup)
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in pan. Add chopped onion, cook until translucent (approx. 6 minutes)
2. Slice mushrooms and add to pan.
3. Cover pan until mushrooms are wilting (I like to do this to add some moisture into the pan)
4. Toss in sugar snap peas and asparagus. Stir.
5. Add greens to pan, cover pan again and let veggies steam until asparagus is tender. (approx. 6 minutes)
6. Add “meats” – vegan shrimp, seitan (or tofu). Stir mixture together and continue to cook.
7. Add Japanese Udon noodles loosely separated into bite size pieces.
8. Stir-in Soyaki and cook until noodles are heated through.
Serve and Enjoy