Just in time for the warmer weather, this salad is sure to please. I think I could eat servings for 4-6 people all myself…truly.
Simple to make – more fun to eat. The key to great cabbage salad is in the shredding. Remove the stem part first. Shred the cabbage as thin as possible – paper think if you can. This releases more of the cabbage flavor and creates an easier texture to chew. You want long, thin strips of cabbage.
- 6 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper (sliced into 1/2-inch strips)
- 2 green onions (sliced into fine rounds)
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1. In a salad bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, cilantro, garlic and salt.
2. Add the cabbage, onions, bell peppers and toss.
Continue to toss this salad while your other meal dishes are being prepared – coating the salad with as much marinade as possible.
3. Chop the peanuts and toss them into the salad right before serving.