Meatless Monday – Baked Tomatoes, Squash & Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (and more for drizzling)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (of vegan parmesan)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat oil over medium heat and cook onion until it’s translucent and lightly golden (about 7 minutes). Line the bottom of a casserole baking dish with the cooked onion.
I served this dish with slices of Tofurky and a green side salad.
All the flavors of this baked dish really came through – bringing on thoughts of Spring and Summer encouraging me to grow lots of tomatoes, squash and potatoes so I can make this dish fresh from the garden!
This encouraged me to get outside this past weekend to plant some seeds for tomatoes and summer squash. I also reached into my plump potato bags (where my potatoes are growing) and found these cutie pies:
I then promptly squealed with excitement at having grown these little gems – it’s the little things here that make me happy!!
Happy Meatless Monday everyone!
P.S. this recipe comes from Whole Living magazine – super yummy!!