Meatless Monday – Fall means BAKING
Which for me, means it’s time for BAKING!!
I’m not sure why, but the cooler weather just makes me feel like baking!! So, to begin this fall baking festival, I decided to bake some simple vegan chocolate chip cookies – with inspiration from “1,000 Vegan Recipes” by Robin Robertson (one of my all-time favorite vegan cookbooks!)
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup softened vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla and mix until smooth.
4. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5.Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips….nibble a few just to be sure they’re fresh (heehee) YUM! Here’s the brand I used:
7. Drop the dough by the tablespoon onto an ungreased baking sheet.
8. Bake until slightly browned around the edges – approximately 15 minutes.
9. Cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store any you don’t munch right as they cool in an airtight container – um, if you have that problem.
Happy Meatless Monday!