I think finally my taste buds are returning!! maybe it was the cold/flu, maybe it was the antibiotics, but wow, food has just not tasted very good lately!
I’m ready to eat and enjoy food again and, this recipe just sounded DELISH!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, pepper and tabasco sauce to taste
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, potato and garlic, cover and cook until soft – about 10 minutes.
2. Uncover and stir in cumin, oregano, tomatoes, beans and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Puree (I used a blender) one-third of the soup and return it to the pot.
4. Add the corn and simmer for 10 minutes to heat through.
5. Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I chose to serve the soup over some Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains.
You could serve it over some orzo or rice, too – or really, nothing at all.
One of these days I’ll be a better blogger and actually take a photo of the meal as it’s served….someday.
The soup was definitely so YUMMY!
1 comment on “Meatless Monday – Black Bean & Corn Soup”
Comments are closed.
the soup looks delicious!
beans soup is my husband’s specialty at home, I guess he will have to make one pretty soon :)