Are you still bringing toxins into your home for cleaning?
Are you not even sure what these toxins are and what the alternatives are (like I was)?
Let me help.
Here’s a list of ingredients that can be in your toxic cleaning products:
- Alkylphenol ethocylates (APEs) and Nonyphenols (NPEs)
- Fragrances – which could contain toxic phthalates
- Glycol ethers – including ethanol
- Monoethanolamine (MEA)
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
- Triclosan/tricloban (synthetic antibacterials
- ANY product labeled “poison”, “danger”, “warning” or “caution!
Here’s some products you can use to replace the ones above:
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Lemon Juice
- Liquid Soap (brands like Bright Green, Clorox Greenworks, Dr. Bronner’s Castille Soap and Seventh Generation Free & Clear)
- Plant Essential Oils
- Table Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Washing Soda (sodium carbonate)
- White Vinegar
Need to know a bit about what to do with the above, well, check out my green cleaning recipes.
Also, stay tuned as I’ll share some new “recipes” I’ve tried and how they compare.
Be Healthy, Be Green,