Ready for super easy, super tasty recipe?
This one is from my daughter Libby who joined the vegetarian world a few months ago.
A delicious, filling soup for the winter months.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 small can minced green chiles
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium high heat – adding the onion and cooking until it is translucent.
2. Stir in the minced garlic, both cans of black beans, can of green chiles and can of refried beans – mix well.
3. Puree the soup – either with a handheld blender or by pouring into a regular blender.
4. Return to the soup pot and heat through.
I served bowls with at dollop of vegan sour cream and a handful of shredded soy cheese and warm rolled up tortillas.
Be Healthy and Happy,
2 comments on “Meatless Monday – Black Bean Soup a la Libby”
Comments are closed.
SO much yum. I have all those ingredients– gonna try to make this tomorrow!
so easy and so yummy!! I actually used some left-overs in little burritos the next day. I know I’ll be making this a lot since it was so simple!