What is the difference between a crockpot and a slow-cooker?? Are they two words for the same item? I’m not really sure why this question just popped into my head.
I’ve been wanting to use mine for a while now, and since I’m feeling in a soup state of mind lentil soup sounded tasty!
- 1 pound rinsed lentils
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic (or 2 cloves fresh garlic minced)
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped (or you can use canned tomatoes with liquid and chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups chopped fresh cauliflower (or 2 large carrots sliced)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 small peppers chopped (or 1 bell pepper chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried leaf sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
After all the chopping, slicing, mincing and measuring there’s really only 1 thing left to do:
1. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on the LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours or the HIGH setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
(If broth gets low, you can add more to make this dish more “soup” like and less “stew” like.)
When you’re close to being ready to eat, I’d recommend popping in a nice fresh baguette or sourdough loaf into the oven about 10 minutes. Nice toasty bread and this soup. YUM!
7 comments on “Meatless Mondays – Crockpot Lentil Soup”
Comments are closed.
I am so saving this one for a cold snowy day. I love Lentil soup , and to do in the crockpot is wonderful. Thanks!
Mmmm!! Definitely gonna try this one!
Let me know how it turns out for you!!
I love Lentils! I think I will make this, maybe on the weekend! That is THE BIGGEST jar of garlic I have ever seen!! :-)
yahoo…oh it was really tasty too…I admit I was a little surprised – I had forgotten how tasty lentils can be!!
i think crock pot is just a brand of slow cooker.
this looks good! i need to have david make some while i’m at work this week ;-)
I need some tips on how to train my other half do to some cooking!! I’m jealous!!