If you follow me (well, US actually – me and Jimi) on other social media channels (especially Snapchat – litasworldjen), then you know we have a true love of hiking. We taken many hikes through our 20+ years together from the exotic to the urban to the everyday. AND, we’ve loved them all.
The beauty of hiking is you can do it pretty much anywhere and with anyone. We have found that we can easily take family hikes with our kids and our Grandkids and everyone has a great time. Hiking is also a very fun reason to get together with friends to get out there moving and enjoying the great outdoors.
We have also found that our love of hiking improves our travel experiences. Here are some photo examples of the travels we’ve enjoyed hiking on.
Love of Hiking
Zion National Park
Angels’ Landing – my 40th Birthday (I’m a December baby, so yes, we hiked in the snow)!
The Grand Canyon
Moab Area, Utah
Yosemite National Park
You don’t have to travel far to take and enjoy hikes though. We do plenty of hikes very close to home here in the Bay Area.
Windy Hill Open Space
Longridge Open Space Preserve, Santa Cruz Mountains
You don’t even need to be “out in nature” for hiking. We do lots of “Urban Hikes” too.
Palo Alto, California
I will definitely be “re-visiting” these hikes and travel destinations in future posts. For now, I wanted to get out a motivational post about “getting out there” and moving and enjoying the outdoors!
Looking for someone to hike with? Well, why don’t you set up an event on the Eventbrite Event Management page? You can even collect your RSVPs online. My daughter uses the Eventbrite Event Planning site for all sorts of corporate event planning occasions, but did you know you can use it to plan “Social” events also? What a great way to get together and plan an event with people you know and also for meeting new people with similar interests.
Where are we hiking next – aside from our “home-turf” hikes?? Hmmm…I have a HUGE hiking bucket list including the following:
- The El Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage – The Way of St. James in Spain. No probably not the whole thing – I’m not sure I’m that tough.
- The Appalachian Trail – Again, some section of it, not the whole trail.
- The Pacific Crest Trail – Of course, I’d love to do a portion of this trail, too.
- On a simpler note, the trail to Diamond Head on Oahu – the next time we find ourselves on the islands.
- Pretty much any hike in Australia – maybe a Great Otway National Park hike (or two).
- AND then, there’s a crazy hike in China at Mt. Huashan that is calling me (well, just to see maybe), this one might be a bit to dangerous and insane for me, though my co-worker’s husband has done it! I’d probably just want to see portions of it to take photos – afterall, I’m a big chicken.
What about you?? What’s on your bucket list? Maybe we’ve been there but just didn’t have the space to include the hike in this post. Or maybe you have some future hiking inspiration for me!
Want to keep up with us and what we’re doing? Be sure to sign up to receive my posts in your inbox using the box on the upper right-hand side of this page – right under the “About Me” section. I’d really appreciate you following me and letting me know more of what you’d like to hear about. You’ll also hear more details about the trips listed in this post and many others.
Thanks so much!