This recipe makes 12 delicious fluffy cupcakes.
Ingredients & Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Mix these wet ingredients in a small bowl first and set aside.
- ¼ cup plain soy milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar (or you could use 1/3 white sugar and 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans (optional – oh and I used mixed nuts because that’s what I had)
4. Put the wet ingredients together and add to the dry, mixing until just combined.
5. Divide the batter into the cups, filling each liner about ¾ full.
6. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.