I hope you’re ready for a super easy side dish recipe because that is exactly what this one is.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (and more for drizzling)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (of vegan parmesan)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat oil over medium heat and cook onion until it’s translucent and lightly golden (about 7 minutes). Line the bottom of a casserole baking dish with the cooked onion.
3. Arrange the slices of tomato, squash and potato on top of the onion.
4. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with thyme and vegan parmesan and drizzle with more oil.
5. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 30 minutes more.
See, super simple!
I served this dish with slices of Tofurky and a green side salad.
All the flavors of this baked dish really came through – bringing on thoughts of Spring and Summer encouraging me to grow lots of tomatoes, squash and potatoes so I can make this dish fresh from the garden!
This encouraged me to get outside this past weekend to plant some seeds for tomatoes and summer squash. I also reached into my plump potato bags (where my potatoes are growing) and found these cutie pies:
I then promptly squealed with excitement at having grown these little gems – it’s the little things here that make me happy!!
Happy Meatless Monday everyone!
P.S. this recipe comes from Whole Living magazine – super yummy!!
5 comments on “Meatless Monday – Baked Tomatoes, Squash & Potatoes”
Comments are closed.
Hello there, simply became aware of your weblog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful when you continue this in future. Numerous folks will probably be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!
Beautiful! It sounds like the perfect seasonal transition sort of dish, with both hearty potatoes and somewhat summery tomatoes. And so simple, too. Consider it tonight’s dinner! ;)
Oh I hope you liked the dish!! I’m thinking this will be a summer staple around here…maybe with some roasted corn too when it’s in season. Starting to get ready for summer!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend, thanks for stopping by my blog!
Oh thank you for sharing this … it looks delicious! I’m guessing that the nutritional yeast gives it a “cheesy” flavor. Mmmm! I hope you don’t mind but I’ve “pinned” this one. Can’t wait to try it! :-)
Yes, so yummy…and yes the nutritional yeast seems to give it a “cheesy” flavor. We’re addicted to the stuff and seem to put it on everything lately!! I hate to even look up if it’s not good for you at a certain point :)