I hope you’re ready for a super easy side dish recipe because that is exactly what this one is.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (and more for drizzling)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (of vegan parmesan)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat oil over medium heat and cook onion until it’s translucent and lightly golden (about 7 minutes). Line the bottom of a casserole baking dish with the cooked onion.
3. Arrange the slices of tomato, squash and potato on top of the onion.
4. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with thyme and vegan parmesan and drizzle with more oil.
5. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 30 minutes more.
See, super simple!
I served this dish with slices of Tofurky and a green side salad.
All the flavors of this baked dish really came through – bringing on thoughts of Spring and Summer encouraging me to grow lots of tomatoes, squash and potatoes so I can make this dish fresh from the garden!
This encouraged me to get outside this past weekend to plant some seeds for tomatoes and summer squash. I also reached into my plump potato bags (where my potatoes are growing) and found these cutie pies:
I then promptly squealed with excitement at having grown these little gems – it’s the little things here that make me happy!!
Happy Meatless Monday everyone!
P.S. this recipe comes from Whole Living magazine – super yummy!!