This recipe is inspired by Whole Living magazine.
I read it, I craved it, then I made it!
- 1 – 19 oz can white beans
- 1/2 shallot, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Drain beans, reserving 2 Tbsp liquid. Transfer to a bowl and mash.
(I’m adding step 1 1/2 here Pick fresh Sage – because I was able to pick some from my garden!!)
2. Stir in sage, shallot, carrot, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Add 1 Tbsp of the reserved liquid – if mixture is dry, add more. (after making these, I would recommend using all the reserved liquid)
3. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Place patties into oil and heat until golden brown until crisp.
The recipe in the magazine called for making 12 patties about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. I ended up making 5 larger patties.
The result was – DELISH! I’ll definitely be making more of these – simple ingredients, super each to throw together, tasty & healthy. All the deciding factors are there!